Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Interesting trades

As part of my interest in developing my trading career, I've been able to find a new trading method that increases the profits dramatically.

First, I've managed to train my skills up to fly an Iteron IV, with a cargo capacity of almost 11,000m3. Secondly, I'm buying Tech 2 assault frigates in another region for 24 million ISK, and transporting them to my home region and selling them for 28 million - a profit of 4 million per ship, or 16 million per run. I was only able to afford two ships last night, and loaded them up and transported them back to my region, unloading them and putting them on the market. I noticed that I had just supplied 50% of the market for that ship....

I have to make sure I don't flood the market, otherwise pilots aren't going to buy them and my profits will drop. I also have to make sure that I'm very careful about travelling the route. When I can afford it, I'll be hauling close to 100 million worth of Tech 2 warships, thus a juicy target for anyone that wants to try! I have a few things in my favour though.
  • I'm only travelling through high-sec Empire space, limiting the number of people who are going to want to attack me
  • Being in Empire space, I'm protected by sentry guns and CONCORD police, but I know this won't stop some people
  • I'm using insta-bookmarks, reducing my travelling time and allowing me to jump through a gate immediately upon leaving warp
All of those factors help me commit to a highly profitable trade route!  Especially since it's only 6 jumps through Empire space, avoiding low-sec space altogether.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home