Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Disaster!

I've been hauling goods for people through various systems and regions for a short while now, and it's been quite profitable. However, two nights ago, I found a tasty trading route which took me away from hauling, so that I could trade a particular item for 1.3 million ISK profit each time. With travelling only 6 jumps, that's over 200,000 ISK per jump, which is quite a nice ratio.

I was trying to get over 6 million last night, and had was on my fourth run when I was attacked by a pirate as I came out of warp at a gate. Unfortunately, the bookmarks that I obtained have some gates (only a small few of them) where you come out of warp 3-5km out, instead of the 0km that allows you to jump straight away. I've thought that it's better than being 15km, but when there's a pirate waiting, it's deadly, giving him more than enough time to destroy you... as one did with me last night!

Before I could do anything about it, my Iteron was an expanding cloud of gas, with chunks of debris sitting there where the ship used to be. My attacker, by the name of Terrytory, flew away, leaving my pod and my cargo cannister alone. I was going to try and warp away, but the ship is so slow that realigning for warp gave the pirate time to destroy my ship. Even if I continued to the gate, I wouldn't have reached it in time.

In my pod, I flew two jumps back to where my cruiser was, and came back for the can, which I found still had 3 out of the 5 mods I had on the Iteron. I was thankful for that, as it wasn't a complete disaster after all. I only had to buy 2 more cargo expanders and a new Iteron, and I was back where I started. However, the cargo that had been destroyed was worth about 15 million to buy and 16.8 million to sell...

I signed off for the night, angry about pirates, and vowing to continue doing what I could to destroy them. I have a few ideas about how I can get my revenge on the one who attacked me last night.

I bought the new Iteron and cargo expanders this morning before breakfast, and managed to get a hauling order from a couple of people at the same time. Picking the items up at the same location I picked up the ship allowed me to then travel to my 'base of operations', which just happened to be where they wanted the goods dropped off, and gained me a 6 million ISK profit.

Hauling is definitely the way to go for me right now! The profit is amazing, and exceeds what I can currently gain via trading, and definitely even missions. I'm going to continue doing the hauling, that's for sure, and my experience with the pirate has helped me learn something important.

I need to modify some of the bookmarks I have so that I don't have any free-flying time, and instead come out of warp right on top of the gates!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home