Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Thorax cruiser

I've been spending a few days trying to sort out an effective equipment setup for the Thorax Cruiser.  I'm currently going with 5 railguns, along with a microwarpdrive, a scrambler and a webifier, as well as armour, repairers and damage control.  I'm yet to test it in combat, but initial tests are going to be against some Angel Cartel rats lurking around in asteroids somewhere...  I'll use that test to decide if I need to replace one of my guns with an energy draining device, if my capacitor battery is used up too quickly by combat.

One of my hauling clients has been generous enough to provide me with 'instant bookmarks' for all the sectors in Molden Heath, the region that I currently fly around.  instant bookmarks, or instas, allow you to come out of warp right on top of your destination point, rather than 15km from it.  This allows you to immediately jump if it's a gate, or dock if it's a station, thus avoiding any pirates that might be there waiting for you.  It takes a few seconds for them to get a lock on you, and by then you've already jumped away or docked. 

It's a very valuable resource, and one which I'm absolutely excited to have!  It cuts down on travel time immensely.  I can be in the slowest ship, but with instas I become the fastest ship, because there's no actual out-of-warp flight time.  As soon as you come out of warp, you jump or dock.  I love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home