Monday, August 21, 2006

And the corporation grows!

What an incredible few days I've had! In the past week I've exploded from about 4 members to 18 members! That's just amazing.

What I've found is the reason for this explosion is an active recruitment thread, along with recommendations from others. I also have a member who has been busy doing their part to recruit members for the corp. They remind me of me, when I was in Purify... My, it seems so long ago now.

I've promoted XingYe to be my new Head of Security. They were a member for a day. Today Drunasis Prime joined, and within a few minutes of him joining, I promoted him to Head of Security. His history seemed to suggest a man of combat experience. I'll see how he goes at leading others. If he does well, great. If not, I'll find someone better. I let him know that if I do find someone better, then I'll replace him, but it won't be personal. The ongoing success of the corp has to come first.

To that end, I've been discussing the role with someone else, whose name shall remain a secret for the time being. They've got TONS of experience, and regularly engage -10 ranked Outlaws and destroy the hell outta them. I'm hoping they'll join me, as they'll bring their experience and their reputation with them, and help the corp grow in exactly the way that I want.

What do I want? I want us to gain the reputation of being feared pirate hunters. That's what I want. I know I can only do that by getting the best of the best to help take us in that direction.

I ran a combat op this afternoon. There were 5 of us, patrolling Atlar and Illamur. It was a very successful patrol, with a large number of Angel cartel ships destroyed, and a lot of loot being gathered.

I set up a corp hangar in the HQ, and all the loot was brought back to rest in the hangar. It's going to be made available to members who involve themselves in corp ops in future, allowing them free access to stuff that might be of use. Just one of the benefits of membership.

The future is going to be quite interesting. I wanted 30 members by November, and it looks as if I'll have them by the end of this month! Awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home